just stop after step 9.
Fabric Required: 10” x 22” piece
1. Cut Fabric to 10” x 22”.
This will be folded and sewn together to make a bag aprox. 9” x 9.5”.
The square bottom option will be approx. 9” x 7.5”.
You can adjust the measurements to make the bag any size you would like.
2. Fold the fabric with the right sides together with the 10” sides matching up.
This will leave you with a shape that is10”x11”.
Press the fold to create a crease.
3. Pin the two sides together, and starting from the closed, folded bottom edge, sew with a 1/4” seam allowance and stop when you are 2.5” from the top of the bag. Repeat on the other side
4. Turn bag right side out and press the open seams of the bag flat, 1/4”.
5. Starting with one of the top pieces of fabric, turn and press the edge in by 1/4”.
6. Turn and press the same edge again, in by 3/4”. This is creating the casing for the ribbon.
7. Sew across the folded edge.
8. Repeat steps 6 – 8 for the other side.
9. Thread ribbon through the two casings. Using a safety pin can help with the threading. I put one piece of ribbon through both casings, but you can also use two ribbons and thread them through both sides in opposite directions.
Now the bag is finsihed unless you would like to add the square bottom
If you would like to square off the bottom of the bag to make it look a bit nicer, you can do these extra steps.
1. Turn the bag inside out and fold the bag so the side seams are in the center. Press.
2. Measure from the tip, 1.5” down and draw a line across. Sew this line.
Make sure to only sew one flap at a time.
You do not want to sew the two flaps together. Repeat this step for the other flap.
3. Cut 1/4’ higher then the sewn line. Repeat on the other side.
4. Turn the bag right side out and you are finished!
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions we would be happy to help if we can. Check out our website http://www.sewitupfabrics.com for fabric by the yard, DIY kits and Handmade items.